[LLVMdev] Question::ARM simulation and cross compilation.

NaJeM ErMeLeH ermeleh at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 12 08:13:27 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to evaluate the performance improvement of instruction scheduling on one of the inorder ARM processor, I was looking for ARM simulator and I found two (Simplescalar/ARM and SimIt-ARM)
The code generated using llvm-2.9 and llvm-gcc and gcc 3.2.
I used these command :

$ llvm-gcc -O3 -o test1.bc -c --emit-llvm test1.c
$ llc -O3 -o test1.s -march=arm test1.bc -mcpu=strongarm110
$ arm-linux-gcc test1.s  -mcpu=strongarm110 -static -O3 -o test1
$ ./sim-uop test1

Unfortunately, got this message :

bogus opcode detected @ 0x00008370 [sim_main:sim-uop.c, line 497]

My questions are :

Am I doing cross compiling right? Is there a way to cross compiler using llvm-gcc?
Is there any modern open source ARM cycle accurate simulator that I can use with llvm-gcc?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Najem.