[LLVMdev] HELP: Clang options needed in command to compile device driver into linux module.

Nick Lewycky nicholas at mxc.ca
Wed Apr 11 21:45:14 PDT 2012

15102925731 wrote:
> Hello£¬
>
> What option should be added in the clang command to compile linux device
> driver£¨from .c to .bc£©?
> Typically we need a makefile to compile a module. But I just want a
> simple command line.

Make, using the information in the Makefile, runs gcc or clang with a
long command line. That command line tells gcc/clang how to do things,
like where to find linux/init.h or how certain macros are to be defined.

It doesn't matter whether you run clang from the makefile or not, but
you will need the correct command line for it to work. What command line
does make run gcc with?

Nick