[LLVMdev] Building LLVM as a shared library using Visual C++ 2010?

Alan Garny agarny at hellix.com
Sun Apr 8 09:47:13 PDT 2012

> From: Justin Holewinski [mailto:justin.holewinski at gmail.com]
> On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Alan Garny <agarny at hellix.com> wrote:
>
>> I have just realised that I directly replied to Michael rather than the
>> mailing list (!!), but it was to say the same as Óscar with regards to
the
>> use of a macro. In fact, I am thinking of taking this approach for the
>> classes that I need in my project. Still, it will mean 'hacking' the code
>> myself, and I really wish I didn't have to go that route, but... what
other
>> choice do I have if I want to use MSVC?...
>
> Until this is resolved, why not statically link?

Because everything in my (Qt) application is a plugin, so LLVM is a plugin
which can be used by other plugins that need LLVM's functionalities. This
all works fine with MinGW on Windows, and gcc on Linux and Mac OS X, but now
I need to get things to work with MSVC on Windows and I am kind of stuck.

Alan