[LLVMdev] Disabling x87 instructions for a sub-target

Murali, Sriram sriram.murali at intel.com
Wed Apr 4 12:45:22 PDT 2012

Hello there,
I recently started working on the LLVM backend for a target that doesn't support x87 instructions.
Currently, I am in the process of completely disabling some x87 instructions such as fcomi, fcompi,... for a specific sub-target. I also do not have SSE enabled for my sub-target, and llvm resorts to fcomi* instructions for FP compare instructions.

Is there a way to bypass the automatic optimization that generates the x87 instructions when SSE is disabled, and completely eliminate the code generation for the same(error out)?

Thanks

Sriram Murali
+1 (519) 772-2579