[LLVMdev] Potential Google Summer of Code Applicant

Patrick Edwards pedwar11 at kent.edu
Sun Apr 1 20:41:16 PDT 2012

Hi, my name is Patrick Edwards, and I'm currently a CS major at Kent State
University. I have always been interested in doing work with compilers and
LLVM seems to be a perfect fit for me to learn more over the summer, and
also contribute to open-source projects at the same time. However, while
browsing through the project ideas, the only ideas I found accessible were
the code reduction and compile with/benchmark the LLVM compiler. I would
really love to help LLVM, as I have used C++ in quite a few of my classes
and side programs, not to mention learning other oddball languages as I
wanted. If possible, could someone please point me in the right direction
to contribute to LLVM in the best way I can?

Thank you in advance,
Patrick Edwards, potential GSoC applicant