[LLVMdev] Scalar evolution question

Joshua Cranmer pidgeot18 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 14:58:24 PDT 2012

For a pass that we're implementing, we want to do symbolic evaluation of
LLVM values as if certain intrinsics were given constants. The scalar
evolution pass already lets us compute these values for loop iterations,
but it still doesn't let us do it if the SCEV in question corresponds to
an IntrinsicInst. It seems that the easiest way to do this is to modify
the IR to replace the intrinsic with the constant in question, but this
also requires that we undo this modification; is there an easier way to
do this?

--
Joshua Cranmer
News submodule owner