[LLVMdev] llc and Assembler Location Control Directives

Lew Payne lew.payne at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 16:12:31 PDT 2011

I want to locate the module in llc that produces the assembler
location control directives which are seen in the .s output file, so
that I can modify it.  I suspect these are not target-specific, and
therefore are probably not in ./src/lib/Target/[mytarg], but I may be
wrong.  I'm fairly new to all this, so any pointers as to where I
should be looking help a great deal.

As an example, the current .s file generated by my target has
directives such as .align, .rdata and .text (among others).  I want to
suppress certain ones which are incompatible with an older version of
GCC (don't ask), and I want to add an .rdata to appear before a .asciz
string definition.  I've successfully compiled after editing the .s
file, so I know my changes work.  Now I just want to modify llc to
output it the way I need, rather than having to edit the .s file each
time.

Can someone point me to where I should be looking, within the llc
source, for this?

Regards,
Lew Payne