[LLVMdev] POSIX thread library support

Hanfeng Qin hanfengtsin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 20:24:15 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I caught a problem related to pthread library. I built llvm and llvm-gcc
then compiling a multithreaded benchmark written in POSIX thread library.
The command "llvm-gcc -o bench bench.c -lpthread" ran well while "llvm-gcc
-c bench; llvm-ld -o bench bench.o -lpthread" crashed. It told that
"llvm-ld: error: Cannot find library 'pthread'".

I could not find libpthread.a as well as libpthread.so** in my llvm
installation path directory. Did llvm not support pthread? Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Hanfeng