[LLVMdev] Discrepancies in LLVM sources

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Sat Sep 17 23:08:21 PDT 2011

On 09/17/2011 21:53, Eli Friedman wrote:
> Yes; we don't make any sort of guarantee about that, and such a
> guarantee is not necessary for correctness.

Aren't values in Core.h supposed to be used by users of API and they
should match enums, or what they are for then? What are they matched
against?

>> >  Also, llvm/Support/TargetRegistry.h and llvm/Target/TargetRegistry.h
>> >  define two different version of some classes, particularly llvm::Target.
>> >  Fields with the same names have different offsets.
>> >  Are they intended to be different, and if yes, why?
> llvm/Target/TargetRegistry.h does not exist on trunk.

r139992 (trunk from 2 hours ago) installs both:
[root at myhost /usr/local/llvm/svn-r139992]# find . -name TargetRegistry.h
./include/llvm/Target/TargetRegistry.h
./include/llvm/Support/TargetRegistry.h

Yuri