[LLVMdev] git Status Update?

David A. Greene dag at cray.com
Tue Sep 13 07:11:46 PDT 2011

Matthieu Moy <Matthieu.Moy at grenoble-inp.fr> writes:

> dag at cray.com (David A. Greene) writes:
>
>> Jason Kim <jasonwkim at google.com> writes:
>>
>>> I believe git has a similar system for maintaining "branches of patches"
>>
>> A pointer/tutorial on how to do this would be most welcome.
>
> It depends on the definition of "branches of patches" ;-).
>
> I manage my patches with "git rebase -i", which allows me to edit,
> combine, reorder, discard my local commits relatively easily. See for
> example:

But none of this explains how to prevent false conflicts when updating
your git workarea from the svn git mirror.  The problem is that dcommit
changes the hash from what's in your local repository to something
different.  When you then update from the git mirror, you get a conflict
because two commits with different hashes have the same file contents.

                                -Dave