[LLVMdev] multi-threading in llvm

Sebastian Pop sebpop at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 08:28:12 PDT 2011

Hi Alexandra,

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 13:53, Jimborean Alexandra <xinfinity_a at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I had a look at the CodeGeneration from Polly. Is it possible to use it
> without creating the Scops, by transforming it into a LoopPass?

Yes.  If you don't want to use the autopar of Polly and just rely on
the pragmas inserted by the programmer, you don't need SCoPs.
You can have the parallel code generation part of Polly working as
a LoopPass.

If you want to use the auto-parallelization part of Polly, you have to
to restrict the form of the code on which data dependences can be
computed: this is done by using SCoPs (Static Control Parts).

Sebastian