[LLVMdev] LLVM 2.9 Fails to Compile some CPU2006 Benchmarks on X86

Ghassan Shobaki ghassan_shobaki at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 11 15:12:30 PDT 2011

Hi,

We are using LLVM 2.9 (with the llvm-gcc front end) to compile and run the SPEC CPU2006 benchmarks on x86.
We are compiling and running the benchmarks on a an Intel Xeon E5540 processor running Ubuntu 10.10 (64-bit version).

For the native x86-64 target, we are using the following command-line arguments:
-O3 -march=core2 -mtune=core2
and are getting compile-time errors on the gamess and tonto benchmarks.

For the native x86-32 target, we are using the following command-line arguments:
-O3 -march=core2 -mtune=core2 -m32

and are getting compile-time errors on gamess and tonto as well as run-time errors on gcc, cactus and povray.

Are these known errors?

If yes, are there any patches that fix them?

Are there any patches for LLVM 2.9 at all?
If yes, where can I find them?

Thank you in advance!
-Ghassan