[LLVMdev] A pass to minimize instruction bitwidth?

Douglas do Couto Teixeira douglasdocouto at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:36:45 PDT 2011

Hi Andrew,

We have a pass to perform this kind of bitwidth reduction. And we are
now working on an inter-procedural version of our range analysis
algorithm. We already have an intra-procedural version and we hope to
have an inter-procedural version working in the next few weeks. If you
are interested, let me know. I'd be happy to share the code and it
would be great if you can help us to improve our work, so it can get
in into the LLVM :).

You can find a report describing our previous work here:
http://homepages.dcc.ufmg.br/~douglas/projects/RangeAnalysis/RangeAnalysis.html

And I can explain you a bit more about our current work, if you want.

Regards,

Douglas