[LLVMdev] Release Notes: Volunteers needed

Michael Price michael.b.price.dev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 17:37:30 PDT 2011

Has there been much thought of attempting to automate this process?  I could
imagine a fairly standard script that scrubbed a history for interesting
tidbits.  Of course a standard methodology for labeling types of commits
would help this in the future.

A very simple script could at least do unique word counts and throw out
words that match a dictionary (like parts of speech, contributer names,
etc.).  A more complex script could retain "links" back to the commits that
contained certain words in case you wanted more information.