[LLVMdev] Trunc Load

Johannes Birgmeier e0902998 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Oct 27 12:48:58 PDT 2011

To finally sort this out, and perhaps save my reputation should anyone
read this:

I discovered the error, and it has nothing to do with endianness. In the
generated assembler, the global variable was declared like this: ".bss
_m, 8", and it should have been declared like this: ".bss, _m, 8, 8".
Really. That's it.

I still don't know exactly how stdw behaves, because the documentation
really implies that stdw doesn't care about the endian setting, while
lddw does, but apparently you don't have to care. Using stdw and lddw in
analogous fashion is OK, at least in little endian mode. So much for
confusion.

Regards,
Johannes