[LLVMdev] troubling compiling new target with cmake

sam parker S.Parker3 at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Oct 27 03:45:13 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to create a new target and have followed the instructions in the
documentation and have mainly looked at the sparc and mips implementation.
I'm trying to build llvm and I'm getting the following error from cmake:

Included from /home/elsp7/src/le1-compiler/llvm-2.9/lib/Target/LE1/LE1.td:5:
Included from
/home/elsp7/src/le1-compiler/llvm-2.9/lib/Target/LE1/LE1InstrInfo.td:48:
/home/elsp7/src/le1-compiler/llvm-2.9/lib/Target/LE1/LE1InstrFormats.td:3:1:
error: Unknown token when expecting a type
class LE1Inst<dag outs, dag ins, string asmstr, list<dag> pattern,
^

This is the class.

// Generic LE1 format
class LE1Inst<dag outs, dag ins, string asmstr, list<dag> pattern,
              InstrItinClass itin>: Instruction
{
  field bits<32> Inst;
  let Namespace = "LE1";

  bits<1> is;
  bits<1> cs;
  bits<4> fmt;
  bits<6> rd;

  let Inst{31} = is;
  let Inst{30} = cs;
  let Inst{29-26} = fmt;
  let Inst{20-15} = rd;

  let OutOperandList = outs;
  let InOperandList = ins;

  let AsmString = asmstr;    // the .s format to print the instruction with
  let Pattern = pattern;     // set to the DAG pattern for this instruction
  let Itineray = itin;
}

I don't know what it is referring to, comparing it to other targets isn't
yielding any success for me, so any help would be greatly appreciated.