[LLVMdev] is anyone using the sparc backend?

Vikram Adve vadve at illinois.edu
Tue Oct 25 06:35:10 PDT 2011

Sparc is a popular target for architecture simulators, and removing that back end would force people using such simulators to use some other compiler infrastructure.  Sparc is also useful for University courses.  I'd strongly discourage removing this back end.

--Vikram
Professor, Computer Science
http://llvm.org/~vadve