[LLVMdev] Formal spec for LLVM IR (Was: LLVM Language Reference Strictness)

Vikram Adve vadve at illinois.edu
Thu Oct 20 11:27:31 PDT 2011

Reed,

Are you working on a grammar of the LLVM syntax or also on a full semantics?

Steve Zdancewic's group at U. Penn. is working on a formal operational semantics for LLVM.  It is partially complete and Greg Morrisett at Harvard is planning to build further on it.

Regards,

--Vikram
Professor, Computer Science
http://llvm.org/~vadve