[LLVMdev] alternate clang driver

Reed Kotler rkotler at mips.com
Thu Oct 20 10:01:39 PDT 2011

We have developed an alternate clang driver and placed it as open source
in google code.
http://code.google.com/p/alternate-clang-driver/

Most people are using cross compilers for MIPS. We needed something
different than what the clang driver provides us at this time.

This driver behaves enough like gcc cross drivers for us to run make
files and other things meant for gcc right out of the box. We have for
example run dejagnu gcc using it with no problems.

It's still in development but it works very well for us right now.

I intended to put more documentation for it before announcing it but our
schedules are overloaded now and I can't assign anyone to do that for
the next 2 months so I decided to just announce it now.
We can put resources into bug fixing and extensions but we already know
how it works so it's not essential for us to do more docs at this time. :)

It's a simple program and written in python and I think it's pretty easy
to understand from just looking at the code.

We welcome other people to help make it work better for more platforms
than just MIPS.