[LLVMdev] Issues with running the LLVMHello Pass on Windows

NAKAMURA Takumi geek4civic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 20:36:38 PDT 2011

2011/10/19 Himanshu Shekhar <imhimanshu91 at gmail.com>:
> I have been trying to build LLVM and run this Hello pass (
> C:\LLVM\llvm-2.9\lib\Transforms\Hello\) for quite some time and tried many
> methods, but sadly without successful results. Can someone please give me
> the correct and tested steps about 1. how to configure and build LLVM in
> windows 2. how to run an LLVM pass in Windows.

There is no *correct and tested* step.
For now;

1) CMake build does not handle plugins.
2) configure --enable-shared would be needed. (--enable-optimized
would be needed too)
3) You might need --enable-embed-stdcxx
4) You should build Hello manually after building llvm-shlib.
  $ make -C lib/Transforms/Hello

I have not checked recently if they could work.
Lemme know if you met any faults.

...Takumi