[LLVMdev] llvm.compiler.provides?

Gregory Malecha gmalecha at eecs.harvard.edu
Thu Oct 13 10:51:19 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to link against an archive that has functions implemented in
assembly that are used by my program. When I compile these to LLVM bitcode I
get a giant module asm section but no LLVM symbols so when llvm-ld links my
program against the library, it doesn't include that file (according to the
semantics of static linking). Is there some way to tell LLVM that this file
is necessary? For example, making a declaration and then using some
intrinsics like llvm.compiler.used to tell llvm that this function is
provided by this file?

Thank you.

--
gregory malecha