[LLVMdev] undef PPC

NAKAMURA Takumi geek4civic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 14:25:44 PDT 2011

2011/10/6 Hal Finkel <hfinkel at anl.gov>:
> Were the patches to insert some "#undef PPC" lines ever committed? They
> appeared on the commit list, but the changes don't seem to be in trunk.
>
> Specifically, I'm referring to:
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.compilers.llvm.cvs/99549

I don't think it might be obvious. I am dubious in my own style.

> I can confirm that these are necessary for building on PPC Linux systems
> (at least the ones to which I have access).

I confirmed on PS3 ppc-redhat-linux.

Since the macro PPC is not used in include/llvm, I don't oppose to add
-UPPC to build llvm.
...Then, should we detect whether PPC is defined not in build configuration?
The issue could be resolved if include/llvm/Config/config.h (not
llvm-config.h) had #undef PPC.

...Takumi