[LLVMdev] RFC: How should Clang/LLVM runtime libraries be installed and found during link steps?

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Tue Nov 29 14:01:05 PST 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Kostya Serebryany <kcc at google.com> wrote:

> So, is there an agreement now?
> In particular, is it fine to have the asan run-time for linux x86/x86_64
> at
> lib/clang/linux/TC.getArchName())/libclang_rt.asan.a ?

I am convinced that this is not sufficient for Linux. Daniel doesn't want
to do a more rigorous design of the system at this time, but I completely
disagree.

However, feel free to start here, and we can fix it with a better design
later. I hate building up this kind of technical debt, but I'm quite busy
this week and unlikely to get time to look at how to properly fix this
until some time later.