[LLVMdev] passing parameters for a analysis pass

kryptonite_ubc annathomas87 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 12:29:59 PST 2011

As a follow up question, I am having problems when specifying cl::opt with
strings. I have seen the LoopUnrollPass, which uses cl::opt with unsigned.

I have tried exactly the same option:
cl::opt<string> with the parameter name as "fileName".
The code:
static cl::opt<std::string>metaFile("fileName", cl::desc("The llvm metadata
file to this pass"),cl::value_desc("llvmfile"));

When running opt, I use the pass argument : -fileName=file_metadata.
opt -load ~/llvm-2.9/Release/lib/LLVMInject.so -analysisInject
-fileName=file_metadata < input_ll_file.ll

However, the filename does not change to "file_metadata".

Any pointers on what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Anna