[LLVMdev] Turning on/off instruction extensions

Pablo Barrio pbarrio at die.upm.es
Tue Nov 29 07:28:48 PST 2011

Sorry, the previous mail was unreadable:

On 28/11/2011, at 18:52, Hal Finkel wrote:

> First, grab the trunk versions of llvm and clang. This is detailed on
> http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html
>
> Then you apply the patch. On a Unix-like system, this is something like:
> cd llvm
> patch -p1 < /path/to/the-patch-file.diff

I tried to apply the patch to llvm 2.9 (not the trunk) but it shows a lot of "... hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file ...". Is it safe to ignore these errors? Is it impossible to apply this patch to LLVM 2.9? Do you have a version of the vectorizer patch compatible with LLVM and Clang 2.9?

Right now I cannot switch to the trunk version.

Thanks in advance,
Pablo