[LLVMdev] LLVM 2.9 - JIT problem on Windows

Alan Garny alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 24 04:58:32 PST 2011

Hi,

I have built a shared version of LLVM which I am now able to test in my
Qt-based application. It all works fine on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X,
except that whenever I exit my Qt-based application on Windows (everything
is fine on Linux and Mac OS X), I get a message that reads that "this
application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way".

'My' current LLVM code (see
https://github.com/opencor/opencor/blob/master/src/plugins/simulation/CoreSi
mulation/src/coresimulationplugin.cpp) is a shameless copy/paste of the
HowToUseJIT example (in the examples folder). However, if I comment out line
#67 of my code (i.e. llvm::InitializeNativeTarget();), then I don't get the
aforementioned error and my LLVM code still works fine.

Now, I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that a call to
InitializeNativeTarget was recommended, if not compulsory, so. why
commenting it out not only makes my LLVM code still work, but also prevent
my application from generating the above error.?!

Cheers, Alan.