[LLVMdev] VMKit GNU classpath configure

Garrison Venn gvenn.cfe.dev at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 15:47:35 PST 2011

Ok looked at using the jhbuild approach (did not go to macports), but decided instead to skip both
gtk+ and gconf dependencies. I don't know what the effect of this will beyond the lack of gui support.

configured GNU classpath with:

./configure --disable-plugin --disable-examples --disable-Werror --disable-gtk-peer --disable-gconf-peer

make seemed to work except for 100 warnings involving unchecked decls in Java. My default jdk is 1.6.x
which obviously supports generics while from the make output it seems the gnu java source does not?
I'm guessing the following example is due to this:

../java/lang/ClassLoader.java:637: warning: [unchecked] unchecked conversion
found   : java.util.Enumeration
required: java.util.Enumeration<java.net.URL>
      parentResources = VMClassLoader.getResources(name);

Regardless I'm ignoring this, and proceeding with the rest of the vmkit build.

Garrison