[LLVMdev] ModulePass and Strings

Deu Arm deuarm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 04:35:31 PST 2011

Hi everybody,

I am writing an LLVM pass and I want to iterate over the whole module
(including global variables), that's why I use ModulePass instead of
FunctionPass. But I don't know how to do it. Using Module::iterator seams
to iterate only over functions. But I need to iterate over all the
Instructions in the module. How should I do such an iteration?
Also, I would like to find all the "string" variables and do some changes
to them. But LLVM's IR language does not have such a type. Tell me, please,
what should I use.

Sincerely,
Shuhmacher