[LLVMdev] LLVM 3.0rc4 / 2.9: failing MultiJitTest.JitPool on Windows 7

Alan Garny alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 17 13:57:06 PST 2011

> > I have successfully built a shared version of LLVM (both 3.0rc4 and
> > 2.9) on Windows 7 using MinGW. From there, I thought I would run the
> > tests located under unittests (i.e. ADTTests, AnalysisTests,
> > ExecutionEnginetests, JITTests, SupportTests, UtilsTests and
> > VMCoreTests). All of them pass without any problem, except for
> > JITTests which fails on the MultiJitTest.JitPool test:
>
> > [ RUN      ] MultiJitTest.JitPool
> >
> > MultiJITTest.cpp:164: Failure
> >
> > Value of: (intptr_t)&getPointerToNamedFunction
> >
> >   Actual: 4478936
> >
> > Expected:
> > (intptr_t)getPointerToNamedFunction("getPointerToNamedFunction")
> >
> > Which is: 1744875364
> >
> > [  FAILED  ] MultiJitTest.JitPool (30 ms)
> >
> > [----------] 3 tests from MultiJitTest (60 ms total)
>
> > I wouldn’t imagine that this is ‘normal’, right?
>
> Alan,
> It was known (though, not-well-known), and resolved in ToT r144178.

Hi Takumi,

I would have thought indeed that it was known. I just hadn't searched
Bugzilla (http://llvm.org/bugs/, right?) and now that I have for "JITTests"
and "MultiJitTest", I get the feeling that no bug was tracked for this
issue? Whatever the case, I have had a look at r144178 and I can now
understand why the test used to fail, so thanks for the information.
Otherwise, may we expect this revision to be merged into the 3.0 branch?

Regarding my Windows issue, I don't imagine you have any idea about it...?
:)

Cheers, Alan.