[LLVMdev] VS2005 compatibility

Don Williamson don.williamson at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 05:02:20 PST 2011

OK, it's not that bad - it's even better than before :)

The main issue is RWMutex.inc and the use of PSRWLOCK. This requires _WIN32_WINNT to be >= 0x0600, which is not true for VS2005 SP1.

Rather than #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0600 (the file notes that this should build on all Win32 variants), extending the copy/paste of winbase.h to this works fine:

#if defined(__MINGW32__) || _WIN32_WINNT < 0x0600

I'm still getting random crashes running llvm-tblgen.exe which I think is a known issue (I only need clang libs to build successfully so this isn't fatal for me).

Cheers,
- Don