[LLVMdev] JIT should query host info at runtime - Re: buildbot failure in LLVM on llvm-gcc-build-x86_64-darwin10-x-mingw32-x-armeabi

spop at codeaurora.org spop at codeaurora.org
Fri Nov 4 15:22:41 PDT 2011

> On Nov 4, 2011, at 3:11 PM, spop at codeaurora.org wrote:
>
>> I think that for JIT, the compiler should figure out what the host
>> is with a *runtime* check (i.e., the JIT should not use the info from
>> the configure flag --host.)
>
> That seems reasonable. Would you update this please?

Yes, I would be happy to find the best fix for this.

Thinking a bit more, I don't see a good reason to not use the value
set by configure --host.  At configure time, we know the kind machine
on which the compiler will run, so that's the machine we should target
when JITting.  Opinions?

Thanks,
Sebastian