[LLVMdev] Contributing new backend to LLVM

Tony Linthicum tlinth at codeaurora.org
Tue Nov 1 13:54:16 PDT 2011

On 11/1/2011 3:46 PM, Chris Lattner wrote:

> If relevant, I'd suggest splitting it up as:
>
> 1. Changes to LLVM code outside your target directory.
> 2. Your new target directory.
> 3. Clang patches.
>
> As others have pointed out, you really do need some basic regression tests to make sure that the backend is working.  Also, make sure to update this:
> http://llvm.org/docs/CodeGenerator.html#targetfeatures
>
> and add a new section to that document on your target.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Chris

Hi Chris,

Will do!  WRT new files, I assume you want them as part of a patch
rather than in a tar file or some other format.  Is that correct?  I
will create a basic regression suite for Hexagon modeled from the other
back-ends as Eric and others suggested.

Thanks.

Tony

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum.