[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] RFC: Upcoming Build System Changes

Török Edwin edwintorok at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 13:29:29 PDT 2011

On 11/01/2011 09:26 PM, David A. Greene wrote:
> Alek Paunov <alex at declera.com> writes:
>
>>> That said, if the information required for the build is going to be
>>> made explicit, maybe this isn't such a problem, as other tools can be
>>> written to parse it and run the build.
>>
>> Absolutely - once the generators are prototyped and tested in Python, if
>> current Perl (presence) > Python's, they can be easily ported to Perl.
>
> No, not really.  They're completely different.  I much prefer Python
> over Perl.  Python is readable.

Will that Python/Perl tool be required to build releases?
Or is it something needed to generate/update the dependencies (like the current
GenLibDeps thingy), but once the dependencies are generated the Python/Perl
tool is no longer required? (i.e. for building releases, using a pre-generated
dependencies file).

Best regards,
--Edwin