[LLVMdev] opt refuses to load a pass

Pablo Barrio pbarrio at die.upm.es
Mon May 30 09:24:37 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm having problems while using a custom pass with opt. The pass
compiles and links just fine but, when I try to use it with opt:

opt -load LLVMmyPass.so -my-flag -f aes.bc -o aes_bb.bc

opt refuses to load it with the following error:

Error opening 'LLVMmyPass.so': LLVMmyPass.so: undefined symbol:
_ZN4llvm9DebugFlagE
   -load request ignored.

and then complains that the flag "-my-flag" cannot be found. A quick
look at google makes me think that the missing symbol belongs to
libLLVMSupport.a, which should be already linked to opt, shouldn't it?
Somebody suggested me that perhaps LLVM and my pass were compiled with
different options (one in Release and another in Debug, for instance)
but I double-checked and both are in Debug mode.

Can anyone spot the problem here? Thanks ahead!

--
Pablo Barrio
Dpto. Ing. Electrónica - E.T.S.I. Telecomunicación
@: pbarrio at die.upm.es