[LLVMdev] predicates and conditional execution

Evan Cheng evan.cheng at apple.com
Fri May 27 18:26:18 PDT 2011

It's important to point out the current predication support is very limited. For example, the register allocator and instruction schedulers (and most of MI passes) are not predication aware. Also, only ARM uses the if-converter and it's done after register allocation.

There is quite a bit of infrastructure missing to make LLVM a fully predication aware compiler that's appropriate for an arch like IA64.

Evan