[LLVMdev] function terminators

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Tue May 17 22:37:35 PDT 2011

Hi George,

>    Does llvm provide a way to determine instructions that cause control to
> leave functions? For example, return statements and exit statements cause
> control exit out of function.

there is no "exit" statement.

  I am looking for something similar to basic block
> terminators. Thanks.

Control can leave a function either (1) due to a return instruction
(ReturnInst); or (2) due to a function call (CallInst or InvokeInst).
A function call can return normally, unwind an exception or never
return (eg: infinite loop or causing the program to exit).

Ciao, Duncan.