[LLVMdev] llvm backend

Sanjiv llvmdev at gmail.com
Sat May 14 08:20:36 PDT 2011

2011/5/10 Jim Grosbach <grosbach at apple.com>

> Hi Roberto,
>
> That said, that does mean that LLVM is a much more reasonable fit to target
> the PIC24 (and dsPIC) than it is for PIC16.

Hi Roberto,
PIC16 was full of challenges and we had to do very unconventional things to
get it generate PIC16 code. One of the most difficult thing was that we
wanted 16-bit pointers which is an 'illegal' type size on the target. There
were so many more things other than that.  You may find some of the
discussions in the archives.

Having said that, PIC24 and PIC16 are entirely different and PIC24 might be
more suited for LLVM port.

- sanjiv