[LLVMdev] [VMKit] 2.9 or ToT? Java version/features?

Will Dietz willdtz at gmail.com
Fri May 13 10:30:16 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm interested in using VMKit rather extensively in a project of mine.

I was hoping to get feedback on a few vmkit-related questions from
those more familiar:

--Is there a 'best' version to use? I'd be inclined to use the 2.9
release since it's a stationary target, but curious if I should try to
follow ToT.  Is there a recommended best practice?

--What features of Java does VMKit support? Is there a corresponding
java 'version' (1.4, 1.6, etc) that VMKit supports? (Is this
documented somewhere? I was unable to find it)

And since I'm feeling lucky: What's the status of VMKit? Is it still
able to run tomcat, and the dacapo benchmarks (on x86 anyway)?

Thanks for your time,

~Will