[LLVMdev] llvm backend

Roberto Rodríguez-Rodríguez robalrr at gmail.com
Mon May 9 14:05:36 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am writing you because I found in the LLVM site you have worked with
backends. I am writing a new backend for a processor I am working on,
because the compiler that comes with the processor design suite is really
messy (it is CoSy). I want to have a power compiler like llvm.

I read the "writing an LLVM compiler backend" and I have define almost all
the files, but I have problems with the files for the instructions set.
XXXInstrInfo.td is giving a headache, I have not found enough information
about all the things I have to define hear. I also tried program by example
and see the files for the PIC16, Sparc and MIPS but they are so different as
to get a pattern.

Do you have any information I can use for define my new backend? I really
appreciate your attention and any help you can give me.

Greetings
             Roberto