[LLVMdev] difficulty in replicating a sequence of instructions + inserting at a different location -- "instruction doesn't dominate all uses"

Chuck Zhao czhao at eecg.toronto.edu
Mon May 2 09:59:28 PDT 2011

I am having difficulty in replicating a sequence of instructions (2+,
with def-use dependencies within) and inserting them at a different
location.

I have tried a few different approaches (IRBuilder, new Instruction(),
I->clone(), insertBefore/insertAfter,etc.), all leading to the same
error msg:
"Instruction doesn't dominate all uses"

The DevList has a few previous discussions on this, but not much of
hints I can get from there.

Could somebody point me a code template or an existing LLVM source file
that does similar things?

Thank you very much

Chuck