[LLVMdev] GSOC Adaptive Compilation Framework for LLVM JIT Compiler

Eric Christopher echristo at apple.com
Thu Mar 31 20:15:23 PDT 2011

> Then we would always have the location of the br B instruction in A, as it is pushed onto the stack or saved in link register when A calls B.

Right, unless you wanted to go with direct calls in the JIT. I don't know that inspecting a running program's stack for return values while compiling on a separate thread is sane :)

That said, the adaptive compilation strategy can always enforce the use of a stub for calls into jitted functions.

-eric