[LLVMdev] introspecting debug info from the JIT

Michael Muller mmuller at enduden.com
Wed Mar 30 08:12:16 PDT 2011

Reid Kleckner wrote:
> Unfortunately, LLVM doesn't really know how to generate debug info for
> JITed code yet.  All it can tell you or a debugger is the symbol and
> the unwind information for unwinding exceptions through JITed code.

Ok, that's fair enough.  By 'symbol' I'm assuming you mean the function name.
Is there a good way for me to obtain that given an IP address?

> Hopefully the MC JIT will make that problem go away.
>
> Reid
>
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Michael Muller <mmuller at enduden.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Can someone point me to a good way to get debug info from jitted code at
> > runtime?  Ideally I'm looking for something that given the current IP address,
> > provides function name, filename and line number.
> >
> > The context of this request is that I'm trying to inject a stack-trace into an
> > exception object.

michaelMuller = mmuller at enduden.com | http://www.mindhog.net/~mmuller
In this book it is spoken of the Sephiroth, and the Paths, of Spirits and
Conjurations; of Gods, Spheres, Planes and many other things which may or
may not exist.  It is immaterial whether they exist or not.  By doing
certain things certain results follow. - Aleister Crowley