[LLVMdev] Announcing: LLVM 2.9 RC2 Testing Phase

Bill Wendling wendling at apple.com
Fri Mar 25 00:07:28 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Well! we had a rather fruitful phase 1 testing round. Several issues were addressed. After a bit of a delay, we are ready for phase 2 testing.

This phase is to make sure that no patches submitted to fix problems and complete features in phase 1 caused further difficulties. Please download the sources, compile them, and then compile as much as you can with both clang and llvm-gcc.

Sources:

	clang-2.9rc2.src.tar.gz
	llvm-2.9rc2.src.tar.gz
	llvm-gcc-4.2-2.9rc2.src.tar.gz
	llvm-test-2.9rc2.src.tar.gz

Available here:

	http://llvm.org/pre-releases/2.9/

-bw

We are no longer accepting patches to complete features. Any unfinished features should have been disabled all ready. The only patches that we will accept are those that fix a regression from the 2.8 release. We were fairly flexible with allowing people to commit to the release branch in phase 1. But now only the release manager may commit to the release branch. And the patches must be approved by the code owners. No exceptions.