[LLVMdev] [GSoC] Interface layer for optimizers

Крылов Владислав krvladislav at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 05:07:11 PDT 2011

Hi folks,

I like open technologies, epecially LLVM compiler. I want to implement a new
interface layer in LLVM to plug-in optimizers as a part of GSoC, and then
load the interface with optimizers.

This would improve LLVM application for people who want to use their
optimizations in compilers.

The first "educative" step is to add Doxygen (for .h files) to the build and
integrate it into the programmer manual [1]. Then I will try to clean up
interface layer to the optimizer so it can be potentially replaced.

This task is close to "superoptimizer" task from "Miscellaneous Additions"
list, so I believe there are guys here who could mentor my GSoC project. If
there are any of you who can mentor the project, I prepare and send detailed
implementation plan here.

[1] http://llvm.org/docs/ProgrammersManual.html<https://owa.smachines.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=679f0475c3d14f849bfc90a4498f0d0f&URL=http%3a%2f%2fllvm.org%2fdocs%2fProgrammersManual.html>