[LLVMdev] Parallelization

Gokul Ramaswamy gokulhcramaswamy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 10:36:28 PDT 2011

Hi Duncan Sands,

    As I have understood, GOMP and OpenMP provides support for parallelizing
program at source program level. But I am at the IR level. That is I am
trying to parallelize the IR code. This is the case of automatic
parallelization. The programmer writing the code does not have any idea of
parallelization going behind the hood.

So my question is instead of support at the source program level, is the an
support at the LLVM IR level to parallelize things ??

Regards,
Gokul Ramaswamy H.C