[LLVMdev] Cyclic dependencies while building llvm shared libraries using CMake

Christian S. Perone christian.perone at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 07:08:09 PDT 2011

Hello, I'm facing some problems while building LLVM 2.8 shared libraries
from source using CMake:

cmake -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=true ..

This is the output error:

CMake Error: The inter-target dependency graph contains the following
strongly connected component (cycle):
  "LLVMARMCodeGen" of type SHARED_LIBRARY
    depends on "LLVMARMAsmPrinter"
  "LLVMARMAsmPrinter" of type SHARED_LIBRARY
    depends on "LLVMARMCodeGen"
At least one of these targets is not a STATIC_LIBRARY.  Cyclic dependencies
are allowed only among static libraries.

Does anyone else had the same problem ?

Thank you !

--
"Forgive, O Lord, my little jokes on Thee, and I'll forgive Thy great big
joke on me."