[LLVMdev] standard Data Flow Analysis available in LLVM?

Chuck Zhao czhao at eecg.toronto.edu
Fri Mar 18 13:21:06 PDT 2011

I am working on implementing an algorithm that needs one of the standard
Data Flow Analysis as its precondition (VeryBusyExpression to be precise).
Thus I take a look into LLVM (2.8) and check their availability.

I do expect to see all of the following standard ones:
- Reaching Definition (RD)
- Live Variable (LV)
- Available Expression (AE)
- Very Busy Expression (VBE)

To my surprise, I didn't find any. The only one that is kind of close to
what I am looking for is: lib/Analysis/LiveValue.cpp

I wonder what happens with all the standard DataFlow Analysis Passes? Do
they ever exist?

I know LLVM is based on SSA, which may utilize algorithms that bypassing
the standard Data Flows.

I am asking for suggestions if I do need these DataFlow ones, assuming I
don't have to write them myself.

Thank you very much

Chuck