[LLVMdev] Accessing an empty machine function before instruction selection?

Villmow, Micah Micah.Villmow at amd.com
Fri Mar 11 11:11:08 PST 2011

I'm trying to access the MachineFunctionInfo structure from a pre-ISel pass. In order to do this I have to get access to the MachineFunction and then call getInfo().

Currently in my pass I request it via:
void AMDILBarrierDetect::getAnalysisUsage(AnalysisUsage &AU) const
{
  AU.addRequired<MachineFunctionAnalysis>();
  FunctionPass::getAnalysisUsage(AU);
}

However, I am getting an assert:
  assert(NormalCtor &&
           "Cannot call createPass on PassInfo without default ctor!");

First question, is this possible? If so, how do I get NormalCtor to not be NULL?
Second question, if I want to pass information from before Instruction selection to after instruction selection, is this the preferred way? If not how?

Thanks,
Micah