[LLVMdev] How to make release branch available in git (topic changed)

Tobias Grosser grosser at fim.uni-passau.de
Thu Mar 10 05:48:50 PST 2011

On 03/10/2011 02:56 AM, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:
>> I would love to. However, as David pointed out, this is difficult with the
>> blocked svn access.
> I believe that --no-minimize-url might help:
>
> --no-minimize-url
> When tracking multiple directories (using --stdlayout, --branches, or
> --tags options), git svn will attempt to connect to the root (or
> highest allowed level) of the Subversion repository. This default
> allows better tracking of history if entire projects are moved within
> a repository, but may cause issues on repositories where read access
> restrictions are in place. Passing --no-minimize-url will allow git
> svn to accept URLs as-is without attempting to connect to a higher
> level directory. This option is off by default when only one
> URL/branch is tracked (it would do little good).

Sorry I did not get it.

git svn clone  https://grosser@llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm
--branches=branches --no-minimize-url
Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/test3/llvm/.git/
Found possible branch point:
https://grosser@llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk =>
https://grosser@llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/branches/llvm, 2
Initializing parent: refs/remotes/llvm at 2
RA layer request failed: Server sent unexpected return value (403
Forbidden) in response to REPORT request for
'/svn/llvm-project/!svn/vcc/default' at /usr/lib/git-core/git-svn line 5061

This still gives me the same error. This time its my turn to ask for a
command line that works. ;-) Or any other solution that helps me testing
this.

;-)