[LLVMdev] LLVM 2.9 release notes + "Projects using LLVM" + API changes

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Wed Mar 9 23:54:01 PST 2011

Hi All,

With 2.9 starting to make its way out into the world, it is time to start poking at the release notes.  I plan to make a pass through llvm-commits to cull some of the major changes into bullets, but am already behind and insanely busy with other stuff over the next week.

If you have commit access, I'd really appreciate it if you could take a pass through llvm/docs/ReleaseNotes.html to fill in notes about things that are new in the release (particularly for clang, mc, dragonegg and other subprojects) and important API changes for external clients.  Feel free to directly commit to the release notes, I will fill in more details when I get bandwidth and will generally tidy it up and edit it, so don't worry about it all fitting together well at this point.

If you have an external project that works with LLVM 2.9, please send me a blurb offlist and I'll include it in the release notes.  We've been doing this over the last couple of releases and I think it adds a lot of value to show the different ways that LLVM gets used.  Please send me a blurb along the lines of the examples from 2.8: http://llvm.org/releases/2.8/docs/ReleaseNotes.html#externalproj

Note that I've zapped *all* of the existing blurbs from the 2.8 release notes, so if you want to be included in the 2.9 notes, please send me updated text.

Thanks all, this is going to be a great release!

-Chris